The Countdown is ON!

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Our Wedding Shower

Last Sunday we went to East Tennessee for our first wedding shower! My cousins Paula and Lisa hosted the shower in Oak Ridge (thank you ladies!). It was so great to see everyone altogether and celebrating mine and Lewis' upcoming nuptials!

We received alot of fabulous gifts! After opening 3 or 4 beautifully wrapped presents, I had to take a moment of pause to assure my mother that I was not an alcoholic! We received alot of nice glassware that will contain adult beverages! :-) We did receive several items off of our gift registries, which was very nice. Many people don't realize that even though Lewis and I are combining our households, we don't have anything "together". I have a few plates, he has a few cups. Our silverware doesn't match. Don't get me wrong..... we are blessed and have everything we need. But it is nice to begin getting stuff for "us" as a family now.

We thank everyone that took the time to attend.... it was such a beautiful day and we were happy to spend it with our family. THANK YOU EVERYONE!!

No comments: