The Countdown is ON!

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Foot Update

Sorry I haven't posted a blog in a few weeks. I have been asked by several people to give an update on my foot. Thanks to everyone that called, sent a card, sent prayers, or just thought about me in the past few weeks! It helped more than you probably realize!

My foot is healing very nicely, considering the circumstances. The doctor removed the stitches (there were 5 of them...) last Monday. I had to wear a "walking boot" for another week, and I actually got my foot into a tennis shoe this past Monday (YAY!). It's still pretty tender, and it feels like I am walking on a deep bruise, but the doctor gave me a silicone gel sleeve to wear on my foot to pad the sole. I walk with a very noticable limp without that sleeve, but at a slow turtle's pace with the sleeve. I'll probably have to wear it for the wedding, so thank goodness my dress is long and will cover it.

For those of you worried about how this will affect my dancing....NEVER FEAR! Ain't nothin' gonna keep this East Tennessee girl from cloggin' to Rocky Top at her wedding!! :-)

No comments: