The Countdown is ON!

Sunday, September 9, 2007

A Minor Setback......

It happened so quickly that my head is still spinning.

Last Tuesday night I was walking thru the living room and felt a sharp pain in my foot. I immediately sat down on the floor and examined my left foot. I pulled out a sewing needle from underneath my big toe, right on the ball of my foot.

Wednesday I tried to ignore it...thinking it was just sore because the needle I pulled out was pretty deep.

Thursday morning I decided I needed to go to the doctor. The doctor gave me the news I did not want to hear..... "we need to operate on your foot". Seems the eye of the needle broke off in my foot near the bone of my big toe. He told me this couldn't wait until I got back from my honeymoon. It needed to be removed now.

Reluctantly.... I had foot surgery Friday morning. So 24 hours from the time of my initial doctor's visit on Thursday, I was put to sleep to have a needle removed from my foot. Now I'm on crutches and trying to recover quickly so I can dance at my wedding in less than 3 weeks.

I'm a little bummed right now. Ok... I admit I'm alot bummed. But I know everything is going to be ok. My mom came up from Rockwood to take care of me Friday and Saturday while Lewis was working... I don't know what I would have done without her! Now Lewis is pulling "Kim-duty" and has waited on me hand and foot. No pun intended.

I'll keep you updated on the recovery process.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maann -- had no idea you were dealing with this. Hope you are better now and that you can cut a rug soon -- see you on the big day!

j9