The Countdown is ON!

Sunday, August 12, 2007

A Nice Surprise!

Lewis and I woke up yesterday morning knowing that Saturday would have a full agenda in store for us. The girls were scheduled to cheer at a football game in Mt. Juliet at 2:15, right smack-dab in the middle of the day (and the heat!). So we knew if there was anything we needed to get done, it would have to be in the morning before the game.

I had picked out a florist in Lebanon to take care of my wedding bouquet and Lewis' boutonniere. Much to my surprise, my cell phone began to ring just as I was exiting off the intersate to Lebanon. It was my Aunt Kathy. She was in Lebanon too!! She was calling to let me know that she and Grandma had driven to Lebanon that morning just to check out the hotel and wedding site. I was so excited!! Little did she know that I was literally only about 500 yards away from her when she was calling me. I told her that we were also in Lebanon and directed her to the florist shop to help me select my wedding bouquet.

Only a minute after Lewis and I had pulled into the parking lot at the florist shop, Grandma and Kathy pulled in right behind us. I can't tell how ecstatic I was to see them!!!! I think I must have hugged all the breathe right out of them! :-)

After selecting my bouquet, I got the definite "thumbs up!" from Kathy and Grandma. Kathy said she was ready for a party, and I'm pretty sure that Grandma is up for it too! I'm so excited that my family is anxious for September 29th to get here. I have to tell you that seeing them yesterday made my day. IT WAS A GOOD DAY.

No comments: